Riding a bicycle on the road requires constant vigilance. Unfortunately, drivers rarely pay as much attention to what’s going on around them. Far too many bicycle accidents happen as the result of negligent driving.

At Sam & Ash, we believe you shouldn’t have to pay for an accident that wasn’t your fault. Your medical bills, property damage, work you’ve missed, and any other losses from the accident should be compensated by the insurance company. Call us 24/7 at 1 (800) 304-2000, so we can help you get What’s Right.

"Cyclists deserve safe roads. When a driver causes an accident, the last thing you should have to deal with is the games insurance companies play. We make sure they give you the compensation you're owed."

Ash WatkinsPartner

Not every accident requires a lawyer. But it’s always best to understand your bicycle accident claim and your options. A bicycle accident lawyer can help you develop a path forward that is custom-tailored to your needs.


Can I pursue a claim if I was cited in the accident?

You most likely can. It’s not uncommon for accidents to happen when bicyclists ride against traffic or fail to stop at a stop sign. The question is how responsible you are for the accident. Nevada resolves this question in personal injury cases using a comparative fault rule. So long as you are not more at fault for the accident than the other party, you can still pursue a claim to compensate your injuries.

What should I tell the insurance company?

Try not to speak to the insurance company without legal representation. Insurance companies often use your statements—sometimes recorded—against you. Many bicyclists tell the adjuster they feel fine or they downplay their injuries, but begin to feel worse as time goes on. These accident victims rarely get the compensation they need to fully recover. You can protect yourself by having an experienced legal professional speak on your behalf.

The driver who hit me does not have insurance, how can I be compensated?

If you cannot pursue any insurance compensation from the at-fault driver, you may be able to get it from your own car insurance policy. Even if you were not driving a car when the accident happened, your Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Insurance (UM/UIM) can apply. UM/UIM is optional coverage, so discuss the possibility of using it to pay for your injuries with your attorney.

Not every accident requires a lawyer. But it is always best to understand your bicycle accident claim and your full range of options.

When you call Sam & Ash, you get a free consultation to help you understand your choices and find your best path forward given your specific circumstances. We are available 24/7 at 1 (800) 304-2000. You deserve What’s Right.

Give Us a Call


Free Consultation 24/7