Nevada can be a dangerous place to ride a bicycle. Some cities do not provide enough space to protect bicyclists on heavily trafficked roads. Many accidents with cars are caused by careless drivers. The sudden shock of a bicycle accident can leave you uncertain about your first steps. Protecting your health and your rights must be your first priority.
Bicycle Accident Checklist
Fortunately, responding to an accident only requires a few common-sense steps:
- Collect the driver’s information. The driver may have caused your accident, but the insurance policy will probably be your best source of compensation. Get the policy number and the driver’s contact information.
- Collect any witness information. Your claim can be helped with corroborating witness accounts.
- Get a Police Report. A police report is an important document that contains statements of high value. Give your side of the story and record the report number, the officer’s name, and badge number.
- Go to the hospital. An accident with a car will likely injury you. If you think your injuries are minor, a professional opinion may prevent hidden injuries from becoming long-term health problems.
- Call Sam & Ash, LLP, the bicycle accident lawyers who do What’s Right.
Why You Should Speak to an Accident Lawyer
Not every bicycle accident needs a lawyer’s help. But why not get a second opinion from someone with experience? You deserve answers after a bicycle accident:
- How to get the treatment you need.
- What your claim should compensate.
- How to speak with the insurance company.
- What it means if you were partially at fault.
The damage caused by a bicycle accident can be severe. No two bicycle accidents are the same. That is why it’s important to get a second opinion from an experienced bicycle accident lawyer at Sam & Ash, LLP. Our team will provide the right answers to help you recover. Call us 24/7 at 1 (800) 304-2000 at no extra cost to you. Because you deserve What’s Right.