More than 40 million people visit Las Vegas every year. We have some of the best restaurants and entertainment in the world, drawing tourists from all over. Although Las Vegas is very safe for both visitors and locals, accidents still happen. So what are your options when you’ve been hurt in a car accident while visiting Las Vegas
Steps to Take Immediately After a Car Accident
Dealing with a car accident while visiting Las Vegas is not how you want to spend your vacation. So here are five steps you should take immediately following an auto accident.
- Take Photos: It’s important to photograph the accident scene, any damaged vehicles, and your injuries. If you were unable to take pictures at the scene, it’s okay. You should still regularly take photos of any visible injuries throughout the healing process.
- Visit the Doctor: No one wants to go to an urgent care or hospital while on vacation. But immediate medical help can help your recovery. Remember, it’s also very common to feel okay immediately following an accident, only to feel dramatically worse in the following days.
- Write About the Accident: Your memory of the car accident will change and fade over time. It’s a good idea to write down exactly what you remember about the collision as soon as possible. Include any specific information you may have about the other drivers, their insurance, and more.
- Don’t Talk to the Insurance Company: Whether you are opening a claim yourself or you’ve been contacted directly by the other driver’s insurance company, it’s never a good idea to give an official statement. This is true even of your own insurance. It’s best to learn about your options first, and know what not to say when speaking with an insurance adjuster.
- Talk to an Accident Attorney: Speak with a reputable law firm specialized in personal injury law.
Talking to a Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
If you are involved in a car accident while visiting Las Vegas, it’s important to talk to an experienced, local lawyer about your rights. Every state has different statutes and laws regarding auto accidents and personal injury claims. Reviewing your case with an attorney near your home is not the same as consulting with a Las Vegas personal injury attorney licensed in Nevada.
Many law firms offer free consultations. Look online, read client reviews, and call a few different firms. A reputable accident attorney will review the details of your auto accident and discuss your rights, without pressuring you to hire them. For a free consultation with our knowledgeable team at Sam & Ash, LLP, please call 1 (800) 304-2000 today.