Parents are pretty good at helping new drivers understand how to drive safely and avoid accidents.
But how many 16-year-olds know what to do if they’re in an accident someone else caused?
Teenagers are more likely to defer to adults for answers and guidance – especially in scary situations like an accident. This means they might admit fault even when the other driver caused the accident. And they are more likely to trust an insurance adjuster without fully understanding the implications of their statements.
We all have to study and practice for a driving test, but no driving test is going to tell you to call a lawyer after an accident, even though new drivers are more likely to be bullied into accepting fault that isn’t theirs — or worse, to take a bad settlement deal from a bad lawyer.
As a parent, you want to do everything you can to help your child be safe on the road. But you can’t control another driver’s actions. That’s why it’s so important for parents to have a plan in place for what to do if their teen is involved in an accident.
What to do if your child is involved in an accident caused by someone else:
- Remain calm. This can be difficult. But if you’re panicked or angry, it will only make the situation worse.
- Take a deep breath and assess the situation. Is everyone okay? Do you need to call 911? Once you’ve taken care of any immediate medical needs, you can start thinking about the next steps.
- Gather as much information as possible. Get the contact information for any witnesses and take pictures of the damage to both vehicles.
- Call/text Sam & Ash Law at (702-820-1234). We specialize in car accidents and getting you What’s Right. We will answer all of your questions and tell you what steps you need to ensure your teen’s fully compensated for their injuries.
- Stay off social media until after you’ve talked to us. Anything you or your teen posts could potentially be used against you in court, so it’s best not to say anything at all until you’ve had a chance to speak with someone who knows the law inside and out.
- Follow our advice and don’t try to go it alone. This is a complicated process, and it’s not something to try to handle on your own — especially when you’re already dealing with the stress of the accident.
Why trust Sam & Ash Injury Law with your teen’s case?
Billboards and snazzy jingles aren’t enough to prove you’re a good injury lawyer. You need a lawyer who understands the seriousness of trusting your teen’s case in the hands of someone else, and you should feel confident that you made the right decision. Here’s why you can trust our team to fight for the justice your child deserves:
We communicate with you via text, phone call, or whatever is easiest for you EVERY step of the way.
When there’s an update, you will know. Even when we don’t have updates, we reach out to simply check in and see how you and your teen are doing. You don’t find that at other personal injury law firms.
We work with the best in the business.
From medical specialists, counselors, and therapists to auto repair shops. You shouldn’t worry about doing all the research yourself. We free up the time for you to focus on what matters most — making sure your teen is on the road to recovery.
At Sam & Ash, we stand for our results.
We’ve built our reputation by doing the RIGHT thing for our clients, the RIGHT way.
We don’t take shortcuts because we value you AND your family more than that. In times of crisis, you deserve to feel at peace, you deserve justice, and you deserve What’s Right. The same goes for your teen.
Our attorneys have been up against the biggest names in the business and won results our clients didn’t even know were possible, with more than $400 million recovered for accident victims and counting.
Contact our accident lawyers today
No one ever wants their child to be in an accident — especially one that wasn’t their fault. Unfortunately, it happens more than you think. As a parent, the best thing you can do is prepare for how to handle such a situation if it arises.
Save our information. Call, text, email, chat, or come into the office — however you feel most comfortable.
Be sure your teen has our number ready as well. And reach out to us for free answers 24/7.
Sam & Ash Injury Law is the team you can trust – because you AND your teen deserve What’s Right.