Sam & Ash Injury Law are the personal injury lawyers who do What’s Right. Not all lawyers do, and you may know this because you hired a bad one. But just because you hired a bad lawyer doesn’t mean you have to remain stuck with them.
You can upgrade your lawyer. Being the client makes you the boss. That means you have the right to look for better help. This can be an intimidating decision and your current lawyer probably won’t give you answers.
How Did You End Up with a Bad Lawyer?
Some reasons for hiring a lawyer appear well-intentioned, but later reveal themselves to be a mistake. Dissatisfied clients are commonly drawn to lawyers for the following reasons that may look good at first:
- Your lawyer is your friend. Hiring your friend is not in your best interest because it complicates your ability to hold them accountable. You do not deserve to live with the consequences of a failed claim just to preserve your friendship.
- Your lawyer advertised a discounted fee. A law firm that works for less is not motivated to provide exceptional service. Instead of getting a bigger portion from the settlement, you get inadequate compensation. A budget lawyer gives budget results.
- Your lawyer is from one of the big law firms. You may have had that law firm in mind because they’re on every other billboard. But while these so-called “super lawyers” are out promoting their brand, your file is collecting dust on a desk.
- Your lawyer does not specialize in personal injury. Some lawyers take personal injury cases thinking it is easy money. But when challenges arise, they lack the experience and reputation to advance your interests.
What Your Personal Injury Lawyer Owes You
When you browse reviews for certain law firms, you’ll find many who are dissatisfied with their representation. Lawyers owe many different kinds of obligations to their clients, also known as “duties.” A lawyer who fails any of the following duties should not be someone who represents you:
- Duty to communicate – Hiring a lawyer to manage your injury claim should not put you in the dark about how it’s going.
- Duty to be competent – If you are not satisfied with your lawyer’s performance, you don’t have to accept it.
- Duty to zealously represent you – If your own attorney sugarcoats a lowball offer from the insurance company, they aren’t fighting for you.
- Duty to care for you – A personal injury lawyer should help you get individualized treatment, not put you through the motions.
Why Even Get a New Lawyer At This Point?
You deserve a lawyer who is going to finish your case the right way. A lawyer who knows personal injury law and fights the insurance company for better compensation. A lawyer who stays in touch and takes an interest in your actual recovery.
You can get better service and better results. These aren’t just pretty-sounding words from the Sam & Ash Injury Law team. It means coordinating your medical treatment, easing the burdens of your case, and putting more money in your pocket. We are professionals who take our responsibilities seriously and dedicate ourselves to this work to do What’s Right.
Do I Need to Call My Lawyer to Fire Them?
You don’t have to make an awkward phone call after you bring your case to Sam & Ash Injury Law We’ll break up with your old lawyer for you. We will also request your file and pick up where they left off. No duplication means no delay.
Do I Still Have to Pay My Old Lawyer?
Your previous agreement likely included a contingency fee clause. A contingency fee means your lawyer works on your case for no fee upfront and instead gets a percentage of the final settlement. It also means you don’t pay if your lawyer does not win your case.
That does not mean your old lawyer gets nothing if you fire them. They may have lost your confidence, but they did not technically lose your case. By agreement and by law, they have a right to receive some compensation for any work they performed on your case.
The good news is you don’t pay them—we do. Your old law firm is not paid out of your portion of the settlement. We share our fees with them according to what’s fair. The point is, we will take care of handling your old lawyer’s fee for you.
Sam & Ash Injury Law Answer the Call for Victims Who Still Need Help
Hiring a personal injury lawyer after an accident is one of the most important decisions you can make. Another important decision is firing the wrong one. You deserve answers at this time and Sam & Ash Injury Law is available 24 hours to give you a second opinion. Your recovery is too important to trust with a lawyer who doesn’t truly care about you. Call someone who does at 1 (800) 304-2000.