Rideshare apps such as Uber and Lyft offer a convenient way to get around Las Vegas. But if you are injured in an accident as a passenger in a rideshare vehicle, you need to understand your legal rights. You need to call an attorney who understands how to handle rideshare accident cases.
It’s important to recognize that rideshare accident cases are different than a standard car accident claim involving two personal vehicles. As an injured passenger, you may make a claim against the liability insurance provided by the rideshare company. The rideshare company won’t explain your rights, so you need a tenacious injury attorney to stand up for you.
Call the Las Vegas rideshare accident attorneys at Sam & Ash Injury Law for help demanding full compensation if you were injured while a rideshare passenger.
How Rideshare Services Contribute to Car Accidents
A recent study from the University of Chicago School of Business noted that the introduction of rideshare transportation services such as Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare services had corresponded with a 2 to 3 percent in traffic fatalities over the past decade.
Some of the ways that rideshare services contribute to car accidents in Las Vegas include:
- More traffic– Ridesharing has increased the number of cars on the road and the vehicle miles traveled. More Uber and Lyft cars driving around the city can lead to increased congestion and make accidents more likely.
- Nighttime driving– Many rideshare drivers work at night when visibility is reduced, and more impaired drivers are on the road.
- Aggressive drivers– Rideshare drivers have the incentive to get passengers to their destination as fast as possible and then move on to the next fare. This pressure can cause an Uber or Lyft driver to take unnecessary risks that may lead to a collision.
Will Uber or Lyft Insurance Cover Your Damages?
If you were hurt as a passenger in an accident caused by an Uber or Lyft driver, the rideshare company’s insurance should cover your medical bills and other losses. Both Uber and Lyft are large corporations that provide up to $1 million in third-party liability coverage for passengers injured in an accident.
If another driver was at fault for the accident, their insurance provider should be financially liable up to the limits of the policy. The experienced personal injury attorneys at Sam & Ash can determine your options for pursuing compensation and identify all the insurance policies available to provide compensation.
What Damages Can You Recover in a Rideshare Accident?
If you file a rideshare accident lawsuit, you may seek compensation for injuries you suffered as a rideshare passenger in an Uber or Lyft crash.
Your potential settlement in a rideshare accident case may include money for:
- Your medical bills, including the cost of future treatments (if necessary)
- Your lost wages and reduced future earning capacity
- Your diminished quality of life due to an injury or disability
- Your physical pain and emotional distress
- Your damaged personal property
A Las Vegas rideshare accident attorney at Sam & Ash can review the details of your accident and provide more information on how much compensation you can recover.
Contact Our Las Vegas Rideshare Accident Attorneys
Rideshare accidents can cause devastating injuries. It’s important to hire a personal injury attorney experienced with rideshare accident cases. At Sam & Ash Injury Law, we have a track record of success in rideshare injury cases. If you have a rideshare passenger injury claim, we can help you pursue just compensation because you deserve What’s Right. Contact us today for a free consultation with a Las Vegas rideshare accident attorney.