Every accident is different, but the first step is usually the same: exchanging information with the person responsible for the accident. These days, you can also risk exchanging more than just information. While less likely outdoors, coronavirus can be transmitted from even casual interaction with another person. At Sam & Ash Injury Law, we want to help you take that first step while social distancing, so you get What’s Right after an accident.
Accidents While Social Distancing
Personal injury accidents always have something in common: the injury was caused by another person. Dealing with another person at the scene of the accident is how you obtain critical evidence and information for your case.
Consider the most likely personal injury cases that can occur while distancing:
- Motor vehicle accidents during essential travel. If possible, you and the at-fault driver should meet to exchange contact and insurance details.
- Slip and falls at the grocery store. The manager will provide you with an incident report to fill out and give you a copy for your records.
- Dog bites while on a walk. You will want to speak with the dog owner to find out if the dog possibly transmitted any infectious diseases.
Exchanging Information and Maintaining Physical Distance
The last thing you want is to get sick right after you’ve been injured. You can exchange insurance information without exchanging coronavirus or other germs. Touch-free solutions are available as you take your first step to getting compensation:
- Adhere to the advice of health officials, such as keeping 6 feet of distance and wearing a face mask.
- Ask the other person to display their information on a surface for you to photograph. This can be the hood of a motor vehicle after a traffic accident or at an office desk after a slip and fall in a store.
- Alternatively, exchange photos via text message, AirDrop, or email.
Sam & Ash Injury Law (Virtually) at Your Side
At Sam & Ash Injury Law, we’re committed to providing the easiest and safest ways to get fair compensation after an injury. We are available to talk 24/7 about your accident. You can also comfortably speak to us about your treatment plan from home. Our office is paperless, so any documents you need can be sent straight to your inbox.
Physical distancing may decrease the chances of contracting coronavirus, but you may need help from medical professionals to properly recover from an injury. You deserve a team that does What’s Right and works with you to keep you safe while you get better. We are Sam & Ash Injury Law. We are here to offer solutions that work for you. Call us at 1 (800) 304-2000.