What Steps Do I Take After a Car Accident?
The steps you take after a car accident are critical to your recovery. When you’ve been hit by a negligent driver, it’s normal to have questions.
We have listed 5 simple steps to guide you in the right direction. We understand that circumstances vary and completing every step might not be an option. That’s okay. Our team will develop an effective strategy to ensure your rights are protected.
1. Stay at the Scene – Leaving early after an accident can negatively impact your case. Remain at the accident scene until it is appropriate for you to leave
2. Take Pictures – Pictures are physical evidence that paints a clear picture of your collision. Taking good photos of the items listed below will support your claim:
- Driver’s license and insurance information of all involved parties
- Property damage of all vehicles involved
- Your injuries
- Accident scene
3. Seek Medical Attention – This is the most important step. Go to a medical professional immediately after your car accident. Even a minor headache or soreness can be signs of more serious injuries.
4. Obtain a Police Report – Obtaining a police report can help piece together statements from all involved parties to prove liability.
5. Contact a Car Accident Lawyer – Discussing your case with an experienced car accident attorney allows you to better understand your options.
Finding the right answers should be easy. At Sam & Ash Injury Law, we will take on the insurance company, so you don’t have to.
Even if you’d like to pursue an accident claim on your own, our team will help point you in the right direction. You’re already on the right path by researching steps after a car accident. Allow us to assist you with no obligations.
Call us for a free strategy session at 1 (800) 304-2000. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to give you the help you deserve.