Being a motorcyclist means you care for your ride. More so than drivers of most other vehicles, you invest a lot of money in your motorcycle and gear. This includes the insurance you expect to help you in the event of an accident. But investing in protection doesn’t mean the insurance company will compensate you for your losses. Motorcycle property damage can be costly and insurance companies would rather stick you with the bill.
Motorcycle Property Damage
Property damage in most car accidents is straightforward. But motorcycle accidents are complicated. Most accidents result in total losses. Furthermore, motorcycle accidents damage other property that was on your person at the time of the accident. This includes:
- Helmets, motorcycle jackets, and other riding gear. Quality protective gear can easily cost thousands of dollars. If you invested in the best, the insurance company will want you to accept less.
- Other personal property you carried at the time. A motorcycle accident will likely claim your cell phone, watch, and the belongings in your saddlebag. Your claim should account for everything you lost in the accident.
What You Can Do
The insurance company won’t just take your word for your losses. It will want evidence. But the good news is you can easily get it.
- Photograph all the damage to your motorcycle. Scrapes, paint scratches, bent wheels, and broken gears should all be immediately documented.
- If your riding gear was expensive, note the make and model. Back it up with receipts.
- Repair your motorcycle at a body shop you trust. You have the right to choose, so don’t settle for one of an adjuster’s “trusted” mechanics. They have sweetheart deals with the insurance company.
- If the motorcycle is a total loss, beware of the insurance company’s appraisal. Get in touch with a specialized appraisal service for vintage vehicles.
What We Will Do
Motorcyclists have a reputation for independence. But they also know the value of a team that backs them up. Insurance companies know Sam & Ash Injury Law has motorcycle accident lawyers they can’t push around. We never leave a dollar of your compensation unaccounted for. That’s because we only win when you win. Call us for a free strategy session at 1 (800) 304-2000. You deserve What’s Right.