There is no excuse for distracted driving. At Sam & Ash Injury Law, we have seen the destruction that a distracted driver can cause. We have helped thousands of accident victims across Nevada get What’s Right, including the care and compensation they deserve, after life-altering distracted driving crashes.
Don’t wait after a crash to get the legal advice you need from a trusted Las Vegas distracted driving accident lawyer at Sam & Ash Injury Law. We offer a free case review and no out-of-pocket expenses. That means you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. For your free case consultation, call or contact us online today. We are here 24/7 to answer your legal questions — because you deserve What’s Right.
What Are the Types of Distracted Driving?
These days, the use of cellphones is a leading cause of distracted driving. But distracted driving can be caused by any behavior or object that takes a driver’s attention away from where it belongs — on the road.
Driver distractions can include:
- Visual distractions. These are distractions that draw your eyes away from the road. Visual distractions include reading text messages on your phone, changing the music on the stereo, adjusting the AC, grooming, and eating or drinking behind the wheel.
- Cognitive distractions. Cognitive distractions refer to those that cause you to lose focus. Even when your eyes are on the road, you may be unable to respond in an emergency. Inattention, drugs and alcohol, daydreaming, and strong emotions can inhibit your reaction time and lead to a crash.
- Manual distractions. These are distractions that are more about the hands than the eyes or mind. Any time you take your hands off the wheel, you may be putting yourself and others at risk. Manual distractions include searching for something in a cup holder, eating, reaching for passengers or pets in the backseat, or doing anything else that involves the use of your hands.
Examples of Distracted Driving Behaviors
Careless multitasking by other drivers can lead to catastrophic injuries for you.
Common behaviors that lead to distracted driving include:
- Talking on the phone
- Texting while driving
- Adjusting GPS or navigation
- Checking personal appearance and putting on makeup while driving
- Dealing with passengers, kids, and pets
- Eating or drinking while driving
- Using radio or temperature controls
How Much Is My Distracted Driving Accident Claim Worth?
If you’ve been hurt in a crash caused by a distracted driver, you have the right to seek fair compensation from the at-fault party. The experienced distracted driving accident lawyers at Sam & Ash Injury Law can help you pursue the full value of your case. This will depend largely on the extent of your damages and the impact that your injuries will have on your life moving forward.
In general, victims of distracted driving accidents could be entitled to payment for:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Losses related to a wrongful death
After a distracted driving accident, reach out to us for a free review of your case. Our attorneys will listen to you, discuss what compensation may be available, and help you decide What’s Right for you.
Nevada Distracted Driving Laws
Nevada has strict laws in place to reduce distracted driving. Under Nevada texting law and distracted driving laws, drivers are not allowed to use, read, or type on their handheld devices. Drivers also cannot talk directly on cellphones unless they have an accessory such as voice controls that help them avoid manual distractions.
Nevada’s distracted driving laws focus almost entirely on cellphones and electronic devices rather than the other common distractions. Still, if you’ve been in an accident and you believe distracted driving was the cause, talk with Sam & Ash Injury Law about how Nevada’s law may affect your injury claim.
When To Contact a Las Vegas Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer
Contact a distracted driving accident lawyer in Las Vegas as soon as possible after a collision. At Sam & Ash Injury Law, our lawyers have worked with thousands of car accident victims just like you. We know what it takes to pursue the best results possible in your case, and we are ready to fight for What’s Right.
Here’s how an experienced car accident attorney from Sam & Ash Injury Law can help you:
- Our cutting-edge firm focuses on efficiency and convenience for you, making the process as painless as possible.
- We are down-to-earth attorneys who listen and care. We are always here to talk and make sure your needs are taken care of.
- There are never any out-of-pocket costs for you — you only pay when we recover money for you.
Our firm takes an unconventional approach to customer service. We want to help you in any way we can. And we’re here 24/7 to answer your legal questions — because you deserve What’s Right.