Were you hurt in a car accident in Las Vegas? Are you struggling under the weight of mounting medical bills? You’re not alone. If you were hurt in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to pay for the resulting medical bills and other expenses caused by the accident. You have the right to hold the at-fault party accountable and recover financial compensation for your losses.
At Sam & Ash Injury Law, we know how costly medical treatment can be, especially after a serious auto accident. Our Las Vegas car accident lawyers fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve to get your life back on track. You shouldn’t have to worry about paying for an accident that wasn’t your fault.
Our respected legal team has recovered more than $400 million for accident victims throughout Nevada and California. When you hire us, we’ll immediately put our experience and resources to work for you. For your free case review, call us today or reach out to us online.
Who Is Responsible for Medical Bills After a Car Accident?
When you are injured in an accident caused by someone else, the unfortunate fact is that you’re initially responsible for the cost of the care you need. It isn’t fair. But the good news is that many different insurance policies may provide help to cover those costs. Through your own health insurance and car insurance policies, you may have coverage for your injuries. When someone else caused your accident, you may be able to hold that person accountable for the compensation you need.
At Sam & Ash Injury Law, we are ready to help you understand all your options. Our car accident attorneys can review your policies and connect you with the right doctors, treatment, and experts to get you back on your feet. As you focus on getting better, we take the pressure off you by handling the details of your case.
What To Do When You Can’t Pay Your Medical Bills
It’s bad enough being in an accident and suffering injuries. When you add the financial strain of medical bills on top of your pain, it can be more than you can bear. During this painful and exhausting time, remember that there are resources to help you deal with those expenses.
The knowledgeable car accident attorneys at Sam & Ash Injury Law can help you review these options:
- Health insurance. After an accident, your own health insurance may be an important resource for you. Your health insurance exists to help cover medical expenses. However, that coverage may only kick in once other sources of compensation are exhausted. A Sam & Ash Injury Law attorney can help you determine whether your health insurance will cover all or part of your medical bills.
- Med-pay coverage. In Nevada, med-pay is a supplemental coverage option you may have under your car insurance. If you have that coverage, it could help pay your medical bills. Depending on your policy, med-pay may immediately step in to pay your medical costs or step in after your primary health insurance has already paid.
- How a auto accident attorney can help. If you can’t pay your medical bills or are struggling to deal with the insurance adjusters, our attorneys may be able to help. A Sam & Ash Injury Law attorney can review your policies, submit bills to insurance companies, and fight to force insurance companies to provide the coverage they owe you. A Sam & Ash Injury Law attorney can also file a personal injury lawsuit against those at fault for your medical costs and other expenses.
Who Gets the Insurance Check for My Medical Bills?
When you choose Sam & Ash Injury Law to handle your case, the insurance check would likely come to our office, and we would make sure all of your bills were paid out of it. We also work to negotiate down the cost of your medical bills. Then, once all of your bills are taken care of, we send a check to you for the remaining part of your settlement. This takes the stress off you, and you never have to worry about any loose ends.
If an insurance company has sent you a check directly, you should speak with a lawyer as soon as possible, before you cash it.
Understanding How Medical Bills Work After a Car Accident
Following an accident, getting compensation for your bills may involve these steps:
- When you are treated at a hospital or another medical facility, medical procedures and costs may be paid by some insurers and not others. You can work with your doctors and your attorney to understand what coverage is available.
- As you receive medical treatment during the following months, the bills for your care may be sent to the insurance companies. A Sam & Ash Injury Law attorney can help you negotiate procedure costs with doctors and care providers based on your personal injury claim and insurance policies.
- Once you have reached maximum medical improvement, your Sam & Ash Injury Law attorney will put together a demand letter outlining the compensation you need. Your attorney can negotiate and fight for the settlement that’s right for you.
- If a settlement is reached, a portion of the settlement goes to your medical providers, any other related bills, and attorney fees. You pocket the rest.
A Las Vegas car accident attorney at Sam & Ash Injury Law can handle every step of a personal injury claim so you don’t have to worry about how your bills will be paid. Let us take that pressure off you.
Call Sam & Ash Injury Law Now To Learn How We Can Help
If you have medical bills after an accident, get in touch with Sam & Ash Injury Law today. We understand the stress and pressure that comes with mounting costs after a motor vehicle accident. With our knowledge, skill, and determination to do What’s Right, we can help you get the fair compensation you deserve.
Hundreds of people in Nevada have trusted Sam & Ash Injury Law to fight for them, and we are here for you. For a free case review, give us a call today or contact us online.