Las Vegas runs on taxis. A taxi may be driving you downtown to enjoy the nightlife or taking you to the airport for a trip out of town. Unfortunately, what starts off as a smooth ride can quickly turn into a nightmare when a taxi accident happens.
At Sam & Ash Injury Law, we help people who have been injured in taxi accidents in Las Vegas. Our experienced Las Vegas taxi cab accident lawyers are here to listen to you. We do not take a one-size-fits-all approach to customer service. Instead, we deliver personalized representation to make sure you get the care you deserve.
After a taxi accident, insurance companies do everything possible to avoid paying a fair settlement for your injuries and other losses. Sam & Ash Injury Law will fight for What’s Right for you. For a free case review, call us today or reach out online.
What To Do After a Las Vegas Taxi Accident
Anyone who has been in a taxi accident understands how confusing and stressful the experience can be. You may end up in the hospital fighting for your recovery, and your personal injury claim may be the last thing on your mind.
In the weeks following your crash, take these steps to help build your taxi accident claim:
- Get the care you need. It can take a while for injuries to heal, so make sure you get the follow-up care and treatment you need. Keep in mind that missed appointments can prompt the other side to argue that your injuries aren’t as serious as you claim.
- Save copies of any evidence you have related to your accident and injuries. Medical records, witness information, and photos of the accident scene could all be helpful to your personal injury claim. Any information you have about property losses, missed work, and other expenses is also important.
- Refrain from posting on social media. Information you post can be taken out of context and used against you. Keep any discussions about your life confidential while you heal.
- Talk with a taxi accident law firm. When you’re injured, talking with a Las Vegas taxi accident lawyer can be one of the best calls you make. Your attorney will immediately step in to manage all communication about the accident to make sure your rights are protected. Your lawyer will do all the legwork in your claim, taking the pressure off you.
How We Investigate Taxi Cab Accidents
When we’re investigating a taxi accident, we work quickly to find and secure important evidence in your case. Our team also thoroughly documents your losses to determine what compensation you deserve.
As part of the process, we’ll evaluate:
- Your experience (what happened, your injuries, and how they’ve affected your life)
- Medical records documenting your injuries
- Expert reports and testimony
- Driver records and history
- Accident photos and videos
- Cellphone records
- Witness statements
- Police reports
- Alcohol and drug reports
- Maintenance records
A taxi accident claim is built on a solid investigation and evidence. Don’t let insurance companies or taxi cab companies bully you into accepting a quick settlement. Contact a knowledgeable taxi cab accident lawyer in Las Vegas to discuss your case and how your injuries will affect your life.
Pursuing Compensation for Your Taxi Accident Injury
When you’ve been injured in a crash, an experienced taxi cab accident attorney from Sam & Ash Injury Law can help you seek full compensation for losses such as:
- Medical bills and treatment expenses. This could include the care you need immediately after an injury and the care you need in the future.
- Lost income. If you’ve been forced to miss work after a crash, a taxi cab accident lawyer could help you recover that lost income. Your attorney can also help you pursue compensation for the loss of future earnings if you find yourself unable to return to your position.
- Pain and suffering. Although it seems hard to put a price on the physical, mental, and emotional pain and distress you’ve experienced, these are losses that you should be compensated for. A skilled Las Vegas taxi accident lawyer from Sam & Ash Injury Law can help you demand What’s Right.
Time Limit for Filing a Taxi Accident Lawsuit in Nevada
In Nevada, you typically have two years from the date of the taxi accident to file a lawsuit. Nevada’s statute of limitations has established this timeline for filing civil claims. If you fail to take action within this timeframe, the court will refuse to hear your case.
When you contact Sam & Ash Injury Law, a trusted taxi cab accident lawyer in Las Vegas can explain what deadlines are involved in your case and get to work on your personal injury claim immediately.
Common Causes of Taxi Accidents
Taxi drivers are licensed professionals. But like anyone else, taxi drivers can make mistakes. Common causes of taxi cab accidents in Las Vegas include:
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Mechanical problems
- Failures to yield
Taxi Cab Driver Regulations in Nevada
Nevada has strict regulations that taxi cab drivers must follow for the safety of passengers and other motorists or pedestrians on the road. To obtain a taxi driver permit, applicants must undergo criminal background checks, meet requirements for communicating in English, and have a valid driver’s license. Taxi drivers must also take defensive driving classes and complete annual safety classes to keep their permit.
If you have questions about whether a taxi driver in your accident was legally qualified to operate the cab, speak with a Las Vegas taxi accident attorney from Sam & Ash Injury Law.
Talk to a Las Vegas Taxi Accident Lawyer Now
If you’ve been injured in a taxi accident, please reach out to Sam & Ash Injury Law. We represent Las Vegas visitors and residents for many types of car accidents, and we make the claims process as painless as possible. Our consultations are free, so call us today or reach out online to discuss your case with a trusted taxi accident attorney in Las Vegas.