Kids get hurt. Every parent expects a scraped knee, twisted ankle, or other minor injury at some point during their child’s life. But no parent can prepare for the terror of learning their child has suffered injuries due to another’s carelessness. Nevada law allows families to seek compensation through a personal injury claim when another party is to blame for a child’s injury.
At Sam & Ash Injury Law, we believe in accountability. We believe in doing What’s Right for Las Vegas children and their families. Our child injury lawyers are committed to protecting your child and preserving their legal rights after an accident.
Our legal team knows you are under enormous stress right now. Nothing is more important than ensuring your child receives the best possible care. We also know the skyrocketing cost of medical treatment and the financial and personal toll that caregiving can take on families. You shouldn’t have to bear the burden of those expenses if someone else is at fault.
Let Sam & Ash lighten the load. We can pursue justice for you by filing a claim against the negligent party. While you focus on your family, we’ll fight aggressively for the compensation you deserve.
What Should You Do After Your Child Suffers an Injury In Las Vegas?
Your child’s well-being comes first after an accident in Las Vegas. Take these steps to protect their safety and legal rights:
- Seek immediate medical attention – The most crucial step is ensuring your child receives appropriate medical attention. Children’s bodies respond differently to trauma compared to an adult. As a result, even a minor injury can have significant complications.
- Report the incident – Call the police if you are involved in a motor vehicle accident. If the injury occurred at a public place or business, notify the manager or owner and file an incident report.
- Document the scene – Take photos of the accident scene and your child’s injuries if possible. Gather contact information from witnesses. Their testimony can be valuable when you file your personal injury claim.
- Contact a child injury lawyer – A knowledgeable attorney can advise you on your legal options and handle the claims process for you.
- Follow the doctor’s orders – Your child’s medical team knows what’s best to optimize their chances of a full recovery. Go to all follow-up appointments, fill every prescription, and attend physical therapy and other rehabilitation programs as recommended.
- Document your expenses – Maintain detailed records of all medical costs related to your child’s injury. Keep repair receipts, records of your out-of-pocket expenses, and other financial records related to the accident.
- Stay off social media – Until your attorney resolves your claim, stay off social media and never post information or pictures about your child’s accident.
How Our Child Injury Attorney Will Help You
According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, unintentional injury is the primary cause of death for children in the United States. Injuries took the lives of more than 7,000 children and teens in a recent year. That equates to almost 20 child deaths per day. In addition, the data indicates that most fatal injuries have preventable causes, such as motor vehicle accidents, drownings, and accidental poisoning.
At Sam & Ash Injury Law, our legal team understands nothing is more traumatizing than seeing your child hurt. Our experienced Law Vegas child injury lawyers have the knowledge and the resources to pursue the compensation your family needs during your child’s recovery.
What can you expect when you hire an attorney with Sam & Ash Injury Law? Expect compassionate yet hard-hitting legal representation. We will help by:
- Investigating the cause of your child’s accident
- Identifying all liable parties
- Helping you file an insurance claim
- Gathering evidence to support and strengthen your child’s injury claim
- Managing communication between you and the insurer
- Estimating the full and fair value of your claim
- Aggressively negotiating for maximum compensation
- Preparing your case for trial (if necessary)
Your family deserves What’s Right. We’ll do everything in our power to help you get there.