1.27.23 Crudos, Beef Cheeks, and Reno F*cking, Nevada
On Today’s Menu:
- Fremont Street vs. Bourbon Street… which is worse?
- Reno, Nevada: where there’s nothing to do except ski and get divorced
- Carson City: talk about a one horse town People who think they’re food aficionados… hard no
- Should we sell inflatable John Curtas dolls?
- Quote of the Day: “F—k you Reno, you’re a s—ty little backwater Western town that nobody wants to live in except a bunch of people who are permanently stuck in 1958. Rant over.” – John Curtas
John’s N’awlins Adventures:
- Krystal Burgers (AKA the White Castle of the South) because you know John loves White Castle
- Antoine’s Restaurant
- Galatoires Restaurant Cochon by Chef Donald Link
- Miss River by Chef Alon Shaya is coming to Vegas
- Restaurant August by John Besh
- Brennan’s Restaurant & John’s cotton candy adventure
- Old Absinthe House… absinthe makes the heart grow fonder
Las Vegas Spots Mentioned:
- Cipriani Las Vegas (order the Beef Cheek Ragù… and pizza)
- Sam’s date night at Brezza Vetri Cucina (order the crudo, duh)
- Restaurant row at Resorts World
- Genting Palace
- Esther’s Kitchen
Subscribe & Review:
If you enjoyed this episode please subscribe and leave us a review in the Apple podcasts or Spotify app.
If you have a question or a topic you’d like us to cover don’t forget to record us a quick voice memo and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request a transcription of this episode, send an email to email@example.com.