5.19.23 Welcome to the Lake Mead Yacht Club
On Today’s Menu:
- Food headlines you need to know about
- Best & worst Italian food in Las Vegas
- What makes good service?
- Pet peeves of the week
- Our recent ventures (Sam has one that’ll shock you)
- Restaurants Vegas wouldn’t be Vegas without
- The great divide: Chinglish (John) and Colorful Noodle (Ash)
Food News You Can Use:
- New eatinglv.com article: Late-Stage Las Vegas + The List
- Sweets Raku, the Chinatown staple for delicate desserts, is closing
- Valley Cheese and Wine is trying to find a buyer (aka: closing)
- Peppermill is going 24 hours again starting June 2 only on the weekends
- Matteo’s Ristorante Italiano (great unsung Italian/pasta heaven)
- Estiatorio Milos
- Milano Restaurant & Bar
- Aromi Italian Restaurant
- Al Solito Posto
- Esther’s Kitchen
- Balla Italian Soul
- Amalfi by Bobby Flay
- Vetri Cucina is the kingpin
- Osteria Fiorella
- D’Agostino’s Trattoria
- Ferraro’s Ristorante
- Sam went to Anima by EDO and highly recommends the cappelletti pasta with the short rib ragu, basil, tomato cream sauce, vodka. He also shocks John and Ash with his recent venture to Atomic Liquors on Fremont Street… not his usual sushi bro vibe, we know.
- Ash highly recommends Vaca (authentic Spanish cuisine) in Newport Beach, California, and also ventures to SoulBelly BBQ in the Arts District and Colorful Noodle on Jones and Tropicana.
- John recaps his recent trips to Matteo’s Ristorante Italiano and Chinglish Winebar, and decides he needs psychoanalysis to figure out why he has such a visceral reaction to paid parking.
Iconic Las Vegas Restaurants:
- Piero’s Italian Cuisine
- Bob Taylor’s Original Ranch House
- Peppermill Las Vegas
- The Golden Steer Steakhouse
- Oscar’s Steakhouse
- The Steak House at Circus Circus
- Lotus of Siam
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode! If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show, & make sure you leave us a 5-star review. Visit us at Eating Las Vegas & Eat. Talk. Repeat.