Being injured in a car accident, a slip and fall accident or another preventable accident can be devastating physically and financially. With medical bills and other losses amounting to thousands of dollars after a serious injury, it is only right for you to be compensated for your losses if someone else was at fault.
If you have been injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence in California or Nevada, Sam & Ash Injury Law can help you seek justice and financial compensation for your losses. You deserve What’s Right.
At Sam & Ash Injury Law, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that serious personal injuries cause. We want to help you seek compensation to make things right. Our attorneys, who are licensed in California and Nevada, focus on personalized legal service. We take the time to understand your needs. Our personalized approach has enabled us to recover more than $400 million for clients.
The lawyers of Sam & Ash Injury Law provide compassionate counsel and aggressive litigation services in California and Nevada personal injury cases. We’re here to help. Contact us today in Las Vegas, NV, or Newport Beach, CA, for a free, no-obligation legal consultation.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in California and Nevada
At Sam & Ash Injury Law, our attorneys can help you pursue compensation in many types of personal injury cases, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents– If you have been injured in a car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, or pedestrian accident, we can help you demand compensation from the driver and/or other parties at fault. If another driver caused the crash, you may be entitled to recover money for medical bills, the pain you have suffered, lost wages, vehicle damage, and your other expenses related to the crash.
- Boating accidents – A day on the water can lead to serious injury or death because of a negligent boat operator who fails to exercise adequate care and caution when at the helm or who is under the influence of alcohol. Boating accidents raise many issues that complicate the settlement of an injury claim. The attorneys at Sam & Ash Injury Law can compile the evidence to back your boating accident claim and help you seek just compensation.
- Slip and fall accidents– Many California and Nevada residents are seriously injured every day in falls that occur because property owners neglect to repair unsafe conditions in their buildings and on their grounds. If you’ve been injured in a fall, a negligent property owner may be held legally responsible. Let our attorneys review the circumstances of your injury and discuss your legal options.
- Unsafe premises incidents– Property owners and their managers are legally obligated to keep their premises reasonably safe for lawful visitors. If you have been injured in an accident caused by a property owner’s neglected maintenance or security, we can investigate and demand full compensation for your losses.
- Dangerous product injuries– Manufacturers have a legal responsibility to ensure their products are safe when used as intended and to warn of any foreseeable risks they pose. When manufacturers put dangerous products on the market, such as medications with unknown side effects, unsafe automobiles, or defective household products, consumers who get hurt may be entitled to compensation for their medical bills, pain, suffering and economic losses.
- Dog bite injuries– Thousands of people suffer dog bite injuries every year, particularly young children and the elderly. In addition to physical injuries, a dog attack and mauling can cause psychological scars. Dog owners – through their homeowner’s or business insurance – may be held financially liable for injuries inflicted by pets or working animals.
- Elder abuse and neglect– Elderly adults in nursing homes and assisted living facilities deserve compassionate and respectful care. Sadly, seniors in Nevada and California long-term care facilities are vulnerable to neglect and abuse due to staffing shortages, poorly trained staff, and predatory behavior. Our nursing home abuse attorneys are committed to holding the owners of long-term care facilities accountable for harm to residents entrusted to their care.
- Wrongful death– Losing a loved one is especially painful when the death happens in a preventable accident. If someone else’s carelessness or negligent behavior contributed to the loss of an immediate family member, Sam & Ash Injury Law can help you hold the wrongdoer financially accountable by filing a wrongful death claim.
Compensation for Your Personal Injury
The objective of a personal injury claim is for the unjustly injured to recoup all financial losses they incurred because of another party’s negligence or recklessness. Both California and Nevada personal injury law say the plaintiff in a lawsuit may seek compensation for pain and suffering in addition to economic losses.
Every personal injury case is different. Depending on the facts of your case, you may recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses related to the accident
- Funeral and burial expenses in a wrongful death
- Lost wages during the injured individual’s recovery
- Lost earning capacity for permanently disabling injuries that limit income
- Property damage, such as car repairs or replacement of a totaled car
- Incidental expensesrelated to injuries, such as the cost of hiring help at home
- Physical pain and suffering endured as a result of injuries
- Mental anguish suffered as a result of injuries
- Diminished quality of life from disabling injuries
- Loss of financial and/or emotional support from a family member with disabling injuries or in a wrongful death
Don’t accept an initial settlement offer from the insurance company without having a knowledgeable attorney review the offer. It may not cover all your medical bills if you are still under medical care. The insurance adjuster’s job is to minimize the insurer’s payout — not to treat you fairly.
Whether in California or Nevada, a skilled personal injury lawyer from Sam & Ash Injury Law will fight for full compensation for your costs and losses. We believe that you deserve What’s Right.
How an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney Can Help With Your Case
Insurance companies and their lawyers handle accident claims every day. They will do everything possible to minimize or deny your claim. You are at a disadvantage trying to negotiate with an insurance adjuster on your own. You can improve your chances of a fair outcome by talking with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
The attorneys at Sam & Ash Injury Law can help you seek compensation after an accident in California or Nevada. We will:
- Investigate the cause of the accident and identify all liable parties.
- Identify each possible source of compensation to help you recover full compensation for your losses.
- Handle all communication with insurance companies. Your insurance claims will require substantial documentation of the harm you’ve suffered and losses you’ve incurred, including medical records, records of absence from work, and related bills. We’ll take care of all the paperwork so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
- Manage personal injury settlement negotiations.Once we calculate all your losses and what compensation you deserve, we will submit a demand letter to the responsible insurance company. This may lead to settlement negotiations.
- Represent you in court if the case goes to trial.Most personal injury cases can be settled out of court. But if the insurer refuses to offer a reasonable settlement, a formal lawsuit may be necessary. If your personal injury claim goes to trial, we’ll present a solid case and vigorous representation on your behalf.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Claim in California?
The timeline for filing a lawsuit after your accident in California is set by the statute of limitations on personal injury in California.
For most personal injury claims in California, the deadline to file a lawsuit is two years from the date of your injury. There are a few exceptions that would extend the time allowed to file.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Claim in Nevada?
The statute of limitations in Nevada for personal injury claims provides two years to file a lawsuit after most accidents. Under special circumstances, more time may be allowed to file a claim.
Whether the injury occurred in Nevada or California, it is best to consult with an attorney and begin working on your case as soon as possible so your attorneys can:
- Begin investigating the accident while evidence and witnesses can be found
- Make sure you receive proper care and reach your maximum medical recovery
- Document all your costs and losses
- Meet all deadlines for filing insurance claims and/or a lawsuit
Contact Our Nevada and California Injury Lawyers
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in an accident in Nevada or California, contact Sam & Ash Injury Law as soon as possible. Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for thousands of accident victims just like you. We understand that every case is unique. We are ready to fight for What’s Right for you.
We are down-to-earth people who will listen to you and make sure you get the care you need. We are experienced and tough-minded attorneys ready to do what is necessary to pursue the compensation you need. Meet with Sam & Ash Injury Law and get to know us in a free initial consultation. Contact us today.