Your safety matters. That’s why businesses, hotels, clubs, and other establishments in Nevada must have enough protection in place for all visitors or patrons. But too many times, landlords and businesses cut corners or ignore proper safety precautions. When property owners fail to take the security measures needed to keep you safe, their negligence can lead to robbery, assault, and serious injuries.
At Sam & Ash, LLP, you and your well-being always come first. Violent crimes can have a devastating impact on a victim. Our Las Vegas negligent security lawyers will help you understand your legal rights and fight for the compensation you need to move forward. Our service is built around providing personalized service and outstanding legal representation. We have the experience and the resources to take on Las Vegas’ biggest property owners.
For your free case review, call us or contact us online today. Our compassionate attorneys are here 24/7 to answer your questions, so don’t wait to get the legal help that you deserve.
What Is Considered Negligent Security?
People who own or lease property in Nevada must provide enough security for their guests. The adequate level of security can vary based upon the type of business, the location, and many other factors. Keeping property secure can mean providing trained security staff, monitoring the property through security systems, providing lights and proper locks on doors and windows, and generally looking out for your safety.
Some failures that could lead to foreseeable problems include:
- Broken locks, doors, and gates
- Poor lighting
- Failure to have security cameras
- Poorly trained or improperly screened staff
- Slow response times to problems
- Overcrowding or insufficient security staff for an event
- Failure to warn guests
Common Places Where Negligent Security Occurs
Security can be a problem at any business or event. That’s because some businesses don’t take their obligations seriously to provide the security that’s necessary.
At Sam & Ash, LLP, our negligent security lawyers help people who have been hurt at:
- Event centers
- Concert halls
- Parking lots
- Gas stations
- Department stores
What To Do If You Were Hurt Due to Negligent Security on a Property
Trips to the hospital, police involvement, painful injuries, and lingering problems can add up to an overwhelming experience. It can all feel like too much. But there are steps you can take to protect your rights after suffering harm as a result of negligent security. These include:
- Writing down what you remember about the event that harmed you. Even the smallest details matter, so get them all down before your memories fade.
- Keeping copies of any evidence about your negligent security injury. This could include police reports, witness contact information, medical records, work records, and any other items that could help your lawyer understand what happened and how your injuries harmed you.
- Following through on your medical care. Keep your appointments, listen to your doctor, and get the care you need. Doing so is good for your health, and it’s good for your negligent security case. Missing appointments or failing to follow your treatment plan can give the other side reason to downplay the severity of your injuries.
- Staying away from social media. People often share their lives on social media, but information you post — even seemingly harmless information — can be used against you. It’s best not to use social media. Keep any discussions of your life or the incident confidential.
- Talking with a Las Vegas negligent security attorney about your case. At Sam & Ash, LLP, we will step in to serve as your voice and demand the full financial compensation you deserve.
Seeking Compensation for Your Injuries
A serious injury is costly. Your losses may include expensive hospital stays, missed income, and the serious emotional distress of suffering a violent encounter. A negligent security lawyer from Sam & Ash, LLP can help you understand the full extent of the compensation that may be available in your case. For example, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical costs related to your injuries. This includes ER visits, surgeries, hospital stays, rehabilitation, medication, etc. As part of a claim, you can seek compensation for the past, present, and future medical care you need for your injuries.
- Lost income and lost earning potential. Injuries can take away so many things. One of them may be your ability to earn a living. You can seek compensation for the work you miss and the damage your injuries do to your earning potential.
- The pain, suffering, and emotional distress you go through. An injury can be so much more than a trip to the hospital. It can leave you with long-term pain and trauma that can cause problems for years. While nothing can undo the harm you have suffered, you deserve compensation for this serious loss.
How Our Las Vegas Negligent Security Lawyers Can Help
Recovering from an injury, especially one caused by negligent security and criminal action, is exhausting and painful. At Sam & Ash, LLP, our attorneys work hard to take care of your needs, from finding the right medical specialist to handling every step of your legal case. We have helped thousands of injury victims, and want to do the same for you.
Some of the ways we can help include:
- Reviewing your case for free and answering your questions
- Developing an action plan based on your needs and your case
- Investigating your case to identify all possible sources of compensation
- Taking care of the calls, forms, and paperwork that go along with a negligent security case
- Standing up to insurance companies to demand a fair settlement
- Filing a premises liability lawsuit and taking your case to court, if necessary
If you were harmed in a situation that may have been prevented had proper security been implemented, reach out to Sam & Ash, LLP today. We believe that when someone does you wrong, you deserve What’s Right.
Let us show you how we can help. For a free case review, call us or contact us online now.