Motorcyclists are among the most vulnerable road users in Nevada. Riding a motorcycle symbolizes freedom and relaxation. But because motorcycles offer little protection to riders, crashes often result in devastating injuries and deaths. Compensation may be possible if you or a loved one suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else in Nevada.
At Sam & Ash Injury Law, we believe in doing What’s Right for injured people. We know the tactics insurers use to deny valid motorcycle accident claims. We also know what it takes to beat them.
Our relentless advocacy and effective legal strategies have earned us a reputation as a personal injury law firm that stands up for motorcyclists. Let us help you hold the responsible parties accountable for their negligence. Call or contact us today for a free consultation with a Summerlin motorcycle accident lawyer.
Recent Motorcycle Accidents in Summerlin, NV
Motorcycle accidents occur all too frequently in Summerlin and the surrounding communities. The Office of Traffic Safety reported a 50 percent increase in the number of riders struck and killed in a recent year. Sadly, these crashes often hit close to home.
In Summerlin, one local rider lost his life in a collision at the intersection of West Lake Mead and North Rampart Boulevards. According to investigators, a 72-year-old Las Vegas woman was driving a 2013 Hyundai Sonata when she collided with a 2022 Kawasaki KLR 650 motorcycle. The rider, an unidentified 22-year-old man, was reportedly launched from his bike before landing on the pavement. He later died from his injuries.
To receive compensation in a motorcycle accident case, victims must prove that someone else was responsible for the wreck. However, determining fault is not always straightforward. If you’ve been hurt, a motorcycle accident attorney from Sam & Ash Injury Law can perform an independent investigation to identify who should be held liable for your injuries and related losses.
Summerlin, NV Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Statistics from the Nevada Office of Traffic Safety highlight how frighteningly common motorcycle accidents are, both statewide and in Clark County. In a recent five-year period:
- Nearly 300 fatal motorcycle accidents occurred on Nevada roadways, resulting in 297
- Motorcycle accident deaths represented almost one in five of Nevada’s total traffic fatalities.
- The majority of deadly motorcycle wrecks occurred in urban areas.
- Most crashes took place during the day and on weekends.
- Most motorcycle driver and passenger deaths were men between 21 and 25.
- Close to one-third of fatal motorcycle crashes were angle crashes, followed by single-vehicle wrecks and rear-end collisions.
- There were 42 unhelmeted motorcycle accidents. Of those crashes, 42 people died.
- Men between the ages of 46 and 50 were the least likely to wear a motorcycle helmet.
- Clark County reported the highest overall number of fatal motorcycle accidents.
- The county also had the highest number of fatal motorcycle crashes involving unhelmeted riders in Nevada.
Common Causes of Summerlin Motorcycle Accidents
Most motorcycle accidents have multiple contributing factors. Leading causes of Summerlin crashes include:
- Distracted driving – Driver distraction is a potential hazard to everyone on the road. Motorcyclists are particularly at risk because they are smaller and less visible than other vehicles. Negligent motorists focused on texting, talking on the phone, or other activities may overlook a nearby motorcyclist and cause a catastrophic wreck.
- Driver intoxication – Alcohol, illicit drugs, and other medications can seriously interfere with safe driving abilities. Intoxicated drivers frequently have trouble with depth perception, reaction time, and sound judgment, increasing the likelihood of a collision.
- Driver fatigue – Research published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) indicates that the cognitive effects of 24 hours of sleep deprivation are equivalent to someone with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) over the legal limit. This means drowsy drivers can be just as dangerous as drunk drivers.
- Reckless driving – Careless actions such as speeding, tailgating, and lane weaving leave drivers with little time to react when they spot motorcycles on the road. When reckless motorists fail to respond swiftly during these split-second moments, motorcyclists can — and do — pay the price.
- Driver error – Motorists who are inexperienced, confused, or negligent are more likely to commit driving mistakes. Even minor errors can have disastrous consequences for motorcyclists. Common driver errors include failing to yield the right of way, driving the wrong way down a one-way street, and failing to signal before merging or turning.
- Dooring accidents – Dooring occurs when vehicle occupants unintentionally strike passers-by as they open car doors. Even dooring accidents at relatively low speeds can send motorcyclists flying through the air and result in life-changing injuries.
In some motorcycle crashes, more than one party may be at fault. If you were harmed in a Summerlin accident and more than one person is to blame, contact an experienced lawyer. An attorney will work to maximize your compensation and protect you from unfair claims of fault.
Most Common Types of Motorcycle Accidents
Here are some of the most common types of motorcycle accidents in Summerlin, NV:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end accidents
- Sideswipe crashes
- T-bone accidents
- Angle collisions
- Left-hand turn accidents
- Speeding accidents
- Collisions with stationary objects
- Intersection accidents
- Failure-to-yield collisions
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving crashes
- Lane-splitting accidents
- Lane-sharing accidents
Who Is Liable for a Summerlin Motorcycle Accident?
Any of the following parties could be individually or jointly liable in a Summerlin motorcycle accident lawsuit:
- Another driver – If you were injured by a distracted, impaired, or otherwise negligent motorist, an experienced lawyer can help you hold the other driver liable through a motorcycle accident claim.
- A trucking company – If a commercial driver struck you, the truck company that employs them might be vicariously responsible for the wreck. A personal injury lawyer can help you stand up to stubborn motor carriers and demand fair compensation.
- Automakers and parts manufacturers – The failure of defective vehicle parts can cause drivers to lose control, which contributes to some motorcycle accidents. If an equipment failure resulted in your motorcycle accident injuries, an attorney can help you hold them liable.
- Government agencies – State and local government agencies are responsible for keeping the roads in their communities safe. If poor road conditions contributed to the accident that injured you, a lawyer can help you file a claim for compensation.
Steps To Take After a Motorcycle Accident in Summerlin, Nevada
Here’s what to do after a motorcycle accident:
- See a doctor promptly to diagnose your injuries and begin treatment.
- Gather evidence from the crash scene. Photos, contact and insurance information, and witness statements can help your attorney build a solid case for you.
- Follow your physician’s treatment plan and attend all follow-up appointments.
- Keep your medical bills, pay stubs, and any other documentation of accident-related financial losses.
- Avoid discussing your case with others and posting on social media.
- Contact a trusted motorcycle accident attorney for legal advice.
At Sam and Ash Injury Law, your wellbeing is our priority. Our lawyers can do all the legwork needed to build a robust legal case for you, including handling all negotiations with the insurance company. That frees you up to focus on your recovery and returning to everyday life.
Summerlin Community Information
Summerlin is a master-planned community with roughly two dozen commercial and residential villages. Nestled alongside the Spring Mountains and the Red Rock National Conservation Area, Summerlin straddles the bustling city limits of Las Vegas and nearby parts of unincorporated Clark County.
With curated residential amenities and attractive commercial conditions, Summerlin has continued to grow and evolve for more than 30 years. As more families and businesses flock to the area, traffic congestion will inevitably increase, and so will the rate of motorcycle accidents. At Sam & Ash Injury Law, our attorneys stand ready to fight for What’s Right on behalf of Summerlin motorcycle injury victims.
Summerlin Law Enforcement
Contact any of the following law enforcement agencies if you need emergency assistance in Summerlin:
Las Vegas Metro Police Department – Summerlin Area Command
11301 Redpoint Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89138
Clark County Sheriff’s Office
500 S. Grand Central Pkwy
Las Vegas, NV 89155
Nevada State Police – Highway Patrol, Southern Command
4615 West Sunset Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89118
Getting timely medical treatment is crucial after a motorcycle accident. Local hospitals include:
Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
657 N. Town Center Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89144
MountainView Hospital & Medical Center
3100 N. Tenaya Way
Las Vegas, NV 89128
Complex Care Hospital at Tenaya
2500 N. Tenaya Way
Las Vegas, NV 89128
Southwest Medical Associates – Rampart Plaza
8526 Del Webb Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89134
Contact Our Summerlin, NV Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today
If you sustained injuries in a Summerlin motorcycle accident, reach out to Sam & Ash Injury Law immediately. Our skilled motorcycle accident attorneys can review your case and begin work on your claim right away, with no upfront or out-of-pocket costs. Call or contact us today for a free consultation.