When you are injured in a traffic accident, you may assume that the responsible party will have insurance to cover medical bills and property losses. But that is not always the case. Sometimes other motorists do not carry the insurance they need. That lack of insurance means more stress and confusion for you. It also means you need to speak with a qualified Las Vegas uninsured motorist claim lawyer.
The trusted accident lawyers of Sam & Ash, LLP are here to help. We do everything to take the pressure off you during this stressful time, including exploring all possible sources of compensation. Because when someone does you wrong, you deserve What’s Right.
Call us now to get the legal help you need. Our attorneys will meet with you for free to answer your questions, explain your options, and discuss your next steps. Hiring us will cost you nothing out-of-pocket. Our fee is based on the amount we win for you.
What Is Uninsured Motorist Coverage?
Uninsured motorist coverage (UM) is a type of insurance within your own auto policy that can compensate you when an at-fault motorist does not have insurance. UM may cover your medical bills, property damage, and other expenses without out-of-pocket costs.
UM is different from your liability insurance coverage. UM covers your injuries and your expenses when an uninsured driver is at fault in an accident. Your liability insurance coverage, on the other hand, covers the injuries and expenses of other drivers when you are at fault. If you have questions about your coverage, contact Sam & Ash, LLP to speak with an uninsured motorist claim attorney in Las Vegas about your case.
What Is Underinsured Motorist Coverage?
Underinsured motorist coverage (UIM) is similar to uninsured motorist coverage but with one key difference. UIM applies when the person at fault has insurance but lacks sufficient coverage to compensate you for all of your injuries and damages from the accident. Underinsured accidents are more common than you may realize. The reason: Many motorists carry only the minimum amounts of insurance required by state law. However, the expenses from a serious car accident may be far greater than those minimum amounts.
UIM can make up the difference between what is available from the other motorist and the amount you actually need.
Does Nevada Require Uninsured Motorist Coverage?
No, Nevada does not require drivers to carry uninsured motorist coverage. While insurance companies must provide it as an option, Nevada’s uninsured motorist laws do not require you to purchase it. That’s why it is important to review and understand any UM/UIM options in your insurance policy.
How To Pursue Compensation Through Your Own UM/UIM Coverage
When you are in a serious car accident, your own coverage may play an important role in the amount you recover. Through your own uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage, you could be entitled to compensation for medical bills and other expenses. The compensation could include:
- Medical costs, including the treatment directly after an accident and the treatment you may need in the future
- Lost income and missed paychecks
- Damage to future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
To learn more about what compensation may be available to you after a crash, speak with a Las Vegas uninsured motorist claim lawyer at Sam & Ash, LLP as soon as possible. Our attorneys can review your policies, explain the Nevada uninsured motorist statute, and demand What’s Right for you.
What To Do After an Accident with an Uninsured Driver in Nevada
When you’re injured, the days and weeks can blur together as you recover. Your injuries can leave you in pain, and you may face mounting bills and medical costs that can cause you additional stress.
During this difficult time, here’s how you can reduce the pressure on yourself and help build your case for the UM/UIM compensation you need:
- Get the name and contact information of the at-fault driver, even if the person does not have insurance.
- Keep any records and evidence from the accident and your recovery.
- Hold on to any information from your employer or records of work you’ve missed.
- Don’t post about your crash or your injuries on social media.
- Keep a journal about your treatment and how you feel.
- Follow through on your appointments and get the care you need.
- Bring your auto insurance policy and any paperwork you have about the accident to the dedicated attorneys at Sam & Ash, LLP for a free case review.
How Our Las Vegas Uninsured Motorist Claim Attorney Can Help You
As you put your time and energy into your recovery, contact us to learn how we can take some of the stress off you. Our attorneys can help by:
- Exploring all your legal options with you
- Taking the pressure off you by managing calls and paperwork with the insurance companies
- Explaining what compensation should include in your case
- Working with experts and your doctors to understand your injuries
- Reviewing your policies and exploring UM/UIM compensation
- Negotiating with insurance companies for the full settlement you deserve
- Doing What’s Right for you and filing a UIM lawsuit if needed
The time following your accident is crucial. The sooner you get in touch with us, the sooner we can begin working on your case.
Contact Sam & Ash, LLP Today
If you’ve been injured in an accident, get in touch with Sam & Ash, LLP to talk about your legal rights. Insurance companies may fight your claim, but with our team on your side, you can rest assured you’ve got experienced car accident attorneys looking out for What’s Right for you.
The Sam & Ash, LLP team is available 24/7 to respond to your call and answer your questions. Because we believe everyone deserves top-notch legal counsel, hiring us costs nothing out-of-pocket. Our fee is based on the amount we win for you. That means our interests are aligned to get you the best results possible.