How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Nevada?
It’s important to speak with a lawyer soon after an accident because you have a limited amount of time to take legal action. In most personal injury lawsuits in Nevada, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of your injury.
Two years might seem like a long time, but to keep your options for compensation open, you’ll want to speak with an experienced attorney who can help guide you through the process. Insurance companies routinely deny compensation because a claim was mishandled. Even if you don’t intend to hire an attorney, it’s important to get some good advice as soon as possible after an accident has happened.
While most personal injury lawsuits are settled out of court, the statute of limitations still matters because the threat of a lawsuit may be necessary to get the other party to compensate you fairly for your injuries. Your attorney will also need time to investigate your accident and build a strong case for fair compensation. So the sooner you speak with a lawyer, the better.
How Our Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help
Many people wonder whether they really need a personal injury lawyer after an accident. It is common for insurance adjusters to give the impression you can handle a claim on your own. Unfortunately, going it alone puts you at a disadvantage. Insurance companies and their lawyers handle cases like yours every day. They will do everything possible to minimize or deny your claim.
Here’s what our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers can do to help your case:
- Launch a thorough investigation into the cause of the accident to identify all parties who may be liable for your injuries. Identifying all possible sources of compensation gives you the best chance at recovering full compensation for your injuries.
- Handle all communication with insurance companies and other parties. To get fair compensation, you’ll need to submit substantial documentation of the harm you’ve suffered and losses you’ve incurred. You’ll also want to be sure you don’t submit anything that could accidentally damage your case. We’ll take care of all the paperwork for you so you can rest easy and recover from your injuries.
- Manage settlement negotiations with the liable parties and their insurance companies. There’s a delicate art to settlement negotiations that requires experience and tact. While you focus on getting better, we’ll negotiate on your behalf for the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries.
- Represent you in court if the case goes to trial. Most personal injury cases are settled out of court, but sometimes a trial is necessary if the liable parties aren’t negotiating in good faith. If your case does end up going to court, we’ll provide vigorous representation on your behalf.
Common Injuries Caused by Preventable Accidents
Some of the most common injuries we see at our Las Vegas personal injury law firm include:
Directions to Our Las Vegas Law Firm
Our Las Vegas law office is located at 1108 S. Casino Center Blvd. Here’s how to find our office if you ever need to stop by:
- From the north – Take Interstate 15 South until you reach East Charleston Boulevard/Nevada Route 159. Head east until you reach Casino Center Boulevard. Then turn right and take your next immediate right into our parking lot.
- From the south – Take Interstate 15 North until you reach East Charleston Boulevard/Nevada Route 159. Head east until you reach Casino Center Boulevard. Then turn right and take your next immediate right into our parking lot.
- From the east – Follow East Charleston Boulevard/Nevada Route 159 west until you reach Casino Center Boulevard. Turn left, and take your next immediate right into our parking lot.
- From the west – Follow West Charleston Boulevard/Nevada Route 159 east until you pass Interstate 15 and reach Casino Center Boulevard. Turn right, and take your next immediate right into our parking lot.
Talk to a Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer Now
If you’ve been in an accident, know that you’re not alone. Our Las Vegas injury lawyers are here to provide knowledgeable legal counsel and honest, straightforward representation. What matters to us is helping you get back on your feet after a serious injury accident ─ because you deserve What’s Right.
Contact us now for a free case review. We’re available by phone, in person, or online, so reach out to us and let us put our skills to work for you.