How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Claim in Orange County?
The timeline for filing a personal injury lawsuit in California is set by the state’s statute of limitations. For most personal injury claims, the deadline to file a lawsuit is two years from the date of your injury. There are a few, narrow exceptions to this rule. However, an experienced personal injury lawyer in Orange County will want to begin working on your case as soon as possible to make sure you receive a proper treatment and document all your losses.
How Orange County Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help
If you’ve never dealt with the legal system before, especially the civil court system, you may be wondering what legal advice a personal injury lawyer in Orange County can offer in a personal injury case. An insurance adjuster may give the impression you don’t need a lawyer and you’re better off handling the insurance claim on your own. Don’t be fooled. Settling your claim without getting a lawyer involved only benefits the insurance company.
Here’s what the best Orange County personal injury lawyers can do to help if you’ve been injured in a serious accident that was caused by someone else:
- Fully investigate the accident to identify all potentially liable parties. Understanding all potential sources of compensation gives you the best chance at getting full payment for what you’ve been through and for future medical expenses.
- Help you find the right doctors to get you medical care and any other assistance you might need for your current medical condition.
- Handle all your paperwork and communications needs. There’s a lot of bureaucracy involved in making a personal injury claim, and it needs to be done correctly if you want to recover full compensation for your injuries. We’ll take care of the red tape to make sure there aren’t any mistakes that could jeopardize your claim.
- Take the lead in personal injury settlement negotiations to pursue the maximum amount you deserve. Insurance companies will push you to accept a lowball offer quickly because they know you’re under pressure. We’ll stand up for you and demand the full amount you deserve for your injuries.
- Get legal representation in court if your case goes to trial. While most personal injury cases are settled out of court, sometimes a lawsuit is necessary to get the liable parties to pay up for your injuries. We’re fully prepared to take your case to court if that’s what it takes to get What’s Right for you and your family. We fight. YOU win.
Common Injuries Caused by Preventable Personal Injury Accidents
Some of the most common types of injuries we see in personal injury cases include:
- Severe cuts and bruises
- Fractures and broken bones
- Damage to soft tissues (muscles, ligaments, tendons, etc.)
- Damage to internal organs
- Back and neck injuries (i.e., whiplash)
- Damage to the spinal cord, including partial or full paralysis
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Directions to Our Newport Beach Personal Injury Law Firm
Our Newport Beach office is located at 20411 S.W. Birch St., Suite 350. If you’d prefer to visit our office in person, here’s how you get there:
- From the North – Take Interstate 5 South to California Route 55. Follow Route 55 until you reach Route 73. Follow Route 73 South until you reach Birch Street. Then follow Birch until it intersects with Mesa Drive and turn right into the parking lot.
- From the South – Follow California Route 73 until you reach Birch Street, then turn left. Follow Birch Street until it meets Mesa Drive and turn right into the parking lot.
- From the East – Take Interstate 405 heading north/west until you reach California Route 55. Follow Route 55 South until you reach Mesa Drive, then turn left. Follow Mesa Drive until it intersects with Birch Street and turn left into the parking lot.
- From the West – Take Interstate 405 heading south/east until you reach California Route 73. Follow Route 73 until you reach Birch Street. Then follow Birch until it intersects with Mesa Drive and turn right into the parking lot.
Talk to Some of the Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Orange County, CA
If you’re ready to speak with our experienced and compassionate Orange County personal injury attorneys, our legal team at Sam & Ash Injury Law is here for you. Get your a free initial consultation 24/7 by calling our Newport Beach law firm or contacting us online. We are paid on a contingency fee basis.